revelations of a 6-year old hopeful

There is nothing ugly; I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may, light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful…

it was when i was 6 when destiny hated my family. it was when all good memories of my youthful rendezvous in the midst of my youth faded. it was when everything is perfect. i picture it out as paradise, it was when the MATT you know as a child, had a lil’ something about the world he's around.

it was when my dad left us. he broke up with mom and went away from us for good. FOR GOOD!



but u know what? it was nothing. what would a 6-year-old kid think off breaking up? no idea at all. not a single thing nor a bit of knowledge. but i've got something no one else knew. that being a kid isn't a hindrance of being a catalyst of change, of changing peoples perspectives through his meek voice and actions. that being young and small isn't a hindrance in making great decisions. that at every step a child should be allowed to meet the real experiences of life; the thorns should never be plucked from its rose…for the wounds may scar,but the experience alone shall  stay as long as the roses wilt.

yes your'e right…baby ramon,dodong matt or baby Bogart(they called me after my late grandpa) can bring back his parents relationship (brave but courageous i am).

But ladies and gentlemen, for more than thirteen years of hoping and pushing my goal of bringing back my parents together, i realized and had my eyes opened., i was left jaw-dropped. i was just too ambitious. yes, i knew that the day i had the urge of pursuing my goal..but i continued not minding the consequences that lie ahead..i didn't care about the stumbles and bruises i had..they served as my guide and stepping stones in continuing what i have had started; in finishing the race…all the joy, all the uncertainties, and all the solitude of childhood suddenly came back to me..but unfortunately..there’s NO finish line, nor a crowd cheering for me to win…and u know what was the hardest part? there was NO RACE AT ALL!!!

after all the sacrifice and hard work i've dOnE..after every bit of energy i used..after all the sweat and blood i gave away just to bring my parents back together, after all the gushing tears i wiped from the pursuit of my heart and mind …it was all nothing..no use at all..

my dad had another girl..and guess what?! they had babies already..i mean not just one but three…two named after my second name…RENZ MATTHEW…REIN MATTHEW…and ROSE MARY…hahaha..sounds funny right? but the thought of having another family..another branch of our clan..was as painful as the feeling i had wen he left us..phhheeewww…my dad can’t have enough…maybe he doesn't know the term
CONTENTMENT…RESPONSIBILTY…UNITY….and FAMILY…it was nothin though…nothin compared to the feeling mom had when he left us…



thats why im so proud of mah mom! he raised us(me and my brother) with blood and sweat..giving her all juz to let us eat 3 times a day…she is 2 in 1…she did dad’s part…she accepted the responsibilities of bein both a mother and a father without complainin…we had education,proper clothing,healthy body, bright minds, shelter and especially…same attention and love a child can get with complete parents…all that we had from our mom..imagine:juz mah mom,without a single penny from dad nor his presence was there..she’s a super mom indeed! so guyz..im really proud of mah mom! if i were to choose from a million pesos or mah mon..hehehehe…yah..no need to ask mah answer..its obvious..even if mah life would be at stake juz to save mah mom’s life..

well..13years have passed..and there's more to come…but the horizon is clear..now that i'm in the right age..i'm well informed..knowledgable about my past…its very clear…that DAD and MOM can't be DAD and MOM oncemore…well,i guess i could have mom and tito or dad and tita…no more dad and mom. thats reality..that’s the world….that’s God’s will…yeah..expect the world to be unfair..sumtyms we need to accept that things are bound to happen;in the right time,in the right place and with the right people…

ryan. mum. uncle tata. and me

 renz matthew and rein matthew
 dad and rose mary
rose mary, tita michelle and dad
me at 6

No comments:

Post a Comment